منتدى الحياة حلوة
هل تريد التفاعل مع هذه المساهمة؟ كل ما عليك هو إنشاء حساب جديد ببضع خطوات أو تسجيل الدخول للمتابعة.

منتدى الحياة حلوة

اسري

البوابةالرئيسيةأحدث الصورالتسجيلدخول

The second pillar of islam (prayer)

اذهب الى الأسفل 
كاتب الموضوعرسالة
خلود

خلود

عدد الرسائل : 940
تاريخ التسجيل : 26/05/2007

The second pillar of islam (prayer) Empty
مُساهمةموضوع: The second pillar of islam (prayer)   The second pillar of islam (prayer) I_icon_minitimeالإثنين فبراير 04, 2008 10:10 pm

The second pillar of islam Performance of prayer Prayer is the second pillar of the pillars of Islam, and it is the most important one. Allah (S.W) made it mandatory for Muslims. There are two types of prayers in Islam, one is compulsory, which are the five daily prayers, and the other is voluntary, which the Muslim performs to gain Allah’s (S.W) love, and it is thanks and gratitude to Allah (S.W) for His uncountable graces. Prayer has a great effect on purity of heart, behaviour modification, and strength of faith; therefore, Allah (S.W) has made it mandatory for previous prophets and nations. There is no divine law without the order of prayer, the Holy Quran mentions Allah’s (S.W) order regarding prayer to His prophets and their people. Abraham, the father of prophets, prayed asking Allah (S.W) to make his offspring prayer performers, he said, O my Lord! Make me one who establishes regular Prayer, and also (raise such) among my offspring.” (Holy Quran 14:40). Allah (S.W) answered his prayer and made his son Ishmael perform it, and He used to enjoin on his people Prayer and Charity, and he was most acceptable in the sight of his Lord.” (Holy Quran 19:55). After these prophets, Allah (S.W) spoke to Moses (PBUH) saying, “Verily, I am Allah: There is no god but I: So serve thou Me (only), and establish regular prayer for celebrating My praise.” (Holy Quran 20:14), ordered Mary (PBUH) to pray, Allah (S.W) said, O Mary! Worship Thy Lord devoutly: Prostrate thyself, and bow down (in prayer) with those who bow down.” (Holy Quran 3:43), and Jesus (PBUH) declared Allah’s (S.W) order to him to perform prayer. While he still in his cradle, he (PBUH) said, I am indeed a servant of Allah: He hath given me revelation and made me a prophet; And He hath made me blessed wherever I be, and hath enjoined on me Prayer and Charity as long as I live.” (Holy Quran 19: 30-31). Allah (S.W) also took a covenant from the Children of Israel to keep their prayer. He (S.W) says, And remember We took a covenant from the Children of Israel (to this effect): Worship none but Allah; treat with kindness your parents and kindred, and orphans and those in need; speak fair to the people; be steadfast in prayer; and practice regular charity.” (Holy Quran 2:83). After them, our Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) announced what his prophet-hood brothers had announced before, that is to glorify, worship, and to pray to Allah (S.W). Allah (S.W) ordered Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) to pray saying, Enjoin prayer on thy people, and be constant therein. We ask thee not to provide sustenance: We provide it for thee. But the (fruit of) the Hereafter is for righteousness.” (Holy Quran 20:132). In His revelation to Prophet Mohammad (PBUH), Allah (S.W) speaks highly of the people who perform prayer, He (S.W) says, Those who establish regular Prayer, and give regular Charity, and have (in their hearts) the assurance of the Hereafter. These are on (true) guidance from their Lord: and these are the ones who will prosper.” (Holy Quran 31: 4-5), and Allah (S.W) promised them paradise as a reward for it. And who (strictly) guard their prayers; these will be the heirs, who will inherit Paradise: they will dwell therein (for ever).” (Holy Quran 23: 9-11). Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) kept on reminding and asking Muslims to keep praying. His servant and companion Anas said, “The last advice of the messenger of Allah was, ‘Prayer, Prayer, and fear Allah when dealing with women whom your right hands possess. [1] When Allah (S.W) ordained prayer and other worship, it was not to increase anything belonging to Him (S.W), nor was it to strengthen Him (S.W), for, the obedience of the obedient will not increase Him (S.W), nor the rejection of the unbelievers will decrease Him (S.W). Allah (S.W) ordained prayer for the good of His servants, the pureness of their souls, the direction of their conscience, the correction of their behaviour, and the goodness of their life here and in the hereafter. The first effect of prayer on the believer is that it lightens and comforts his/her life by praising Allah (S.W) and worshipping Him. Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) described it as a light. He said, “Whomsoever keeps his prayer, it will be light, evidence, and it will save him at the Day of Judgment.” [2] He (PBUH) also said, “The prayer is Light, the charity is proof, and patience is light.” [3] The meaning of Prophet Mohammad’s (PBUH) words ‘the prayer is Light’, is that prayer will prevent the person from committing sins, drive him/her away from evil deeds, and guide him/her to the right path as the light. The reason for that is that prayer reminds the Muslim – every now and then – that Allah (S.W) is watching him/her; therefore, he/she will do their best to avoid sins. Allah (S.W) says, Recite what is sent of the Book by inspiration to thee, and establish regular Prayer: for Prayer restrains from shameful and unjust deeds; and remembrance of God is the greatest (thing in life) without doubt. And Allah knows the (deeds) that ye do.” (Holy Quran 29: 45). A Man told Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) about another man, who prays at night and steals in the morning, he (PBUH) said, “What is he saying will correct him” [4], Meaning, that his prayer performance will guide him one day to correct his behaviour. In addition, prayer is a means of Allah’s (S.W) forgiveness for minor sins, which individuals commit intentionally or unintentionally. With prayer, one will get closer to Allah (S.W), because it is a connection between the person and his Lord. Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) said, “Performing the five daily prayers, Friday to Friday, and Ramadan to Ramadan, grants forgiveness of sins that occurred during the time between them, except the great sins.” [5] One day, Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) asked his companions, “Suppose that one of you have a river in front of his house, in which he/she bath five times a day, will you notice any body dirt on him? They answered: no, no dirt will remain. He (PBUH) added, "That is the example of the five prayers with which Allah blots out (annuls) evil deeds.” [6] Prayer is also a chance for Muslims to rest and take a break from life’s problems and hassles. The Muslim, when he/she performs prayer, will feel tranquillity in his/her heart because of this performance. Those who believe, and whose hearts find satisfaction in the remembrance of Allah: for without doubt in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find satisfaction.” (Holy Quran 13: 28). Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) used to tell Belal (the prophet’s companion who used to proclaim for prayer), “Belal, comfort us with prayer.” [7] In addition, he (PBUH) used to perform it whenever he felt stressed or depressed, he said, “My ease, comfort, and relaxation are what I feel when I perform prayer.” [8] Finally, for the importance of this worship, Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) named it the “column of Islam”, and he said that this is the first thing that Allah (S.W) will ask people about in the Day of Judgment. He (PBUH) said, “The first act that the person will be liable for on the Day of Judgment will be the Prayer. If it was good, then he/she is a winner, and if it was bad, then he/she is a looser." [9] Dr. Munqidh Ben Mahmoud AssaqarA RESEARCHER IN MUSLIM WORLD LEAGUE
الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة اذهب الى الأسفل

The second pillar of islam (prayer)
الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة 
صفحة 1 من اصل 1
 مواضيع مماثلة
-
» women in islam
» God (Allah )in Islam
» A Quick Introduction To Islam
» Conditions of worship in Islam
» Islam, the Religion of Ease

صلاحيات هذا المنتدى:لاتستطيع الرد على المواضيع في هذا المنتدى